Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jessica Simpson, Do You Know

By: Kaitlyn Sierra


I've always been on the fence when it came to Jessica Simpson's music as her previous albums have been okay, but nothing stellar. This album, however, is without a doubt my favorite of hers. I'm not a country fan by any means of the word and hesitated when I opened the package.  But, after listening to Do You Know, I think Jessica is on her way to changing my mind.   

Her single "Come on Over" is an upbeat toe-tapper and Simpson brings it home. The hit of the album, in my opinion, is the emotional and poignant "Sipping on History," it's beautifully written and emotionally performed by Jessica, a wonderful showcase for her talent. "You're My Sunday" and "Pray Out Loud" are also wonderful songs, both seem much more mature and deep than her previous albums and are among my favorites, and why I think she is definitely on the right path for the future.

On "Do You Know", Jessica has certainly grown and reveals much of her personal overtone of trials and rewards. The music itself is very relaxing but the message is deep at the same time. It will quickly have you tapping your fingers and wondering how you became a Jessica Simpson fan. 


Kudo's Simpson, you are truly onto something with Do You Know.